Thursday, October 27, 2005

It's ben....Ages

Good grief. I feel like it's been ages since I had a chance to play some online poker.

Mostly because I'm a bonus whore or Poker Source Online whore, and since I've done all but two (UB and Carribean Sun) PSO promos that they offer, I've not been online lately.

Also, it's been a while because my family has been so blasted busy during the week, that the last thing I need to do is get online for 3 hours.

So, I took advantage of Absolute's 25% reload bonus yesterday, and started working off the bonus.

Started off really hot at the $.50/NL tables, and decided to play $1/NL fold'em for the points to accumulate while I hammered out the $.50/NL tables for profit. I slow play my pocket rockets after a $3 raise ($.50/NL) pre-flop, and hit my A on the flop. I raise on the flop, and get called. Same thing on the turn. River gets a check from the other guy, I bet $10, and he goes allin for his remaining stack of $25. I insta-call and flip AA to beat his 88, which also tripped up on the flop.

Over on the $1/NL tables, I'm folding everything except AA, KK, QQ, JJ, 10-10, AK, AQ, AJ. This table was psycho loose with folks raising to $6-10 preflop. Getting $30 pots easily before the flop. I pick up AJh in the BB, and flop gives me an A. I bet $5, get raised to $15, and call. I made a bad read here. I really thought this guy was thinking I was trying to bully the table, and he was trying to buy me out of the pot. I felt like he had KQ, or pocket pair of some sort. Turn is a Q, I bet $10, and he pushes. I think for a bit and make a terrible call ($20 more). He flips AA, and I"m dead.

IT was fun to get back on the tables again. I love the rush of seeing a $50 pot sliding my way. Conversely, I loathe a $50 pot going another way :)

4 Comments:

At 9:29 AM, Blogger Dave said...

Welcome back jedihog. Been wondering where you were at. The blog was quiet for a long time. Glad to hear you are busy on those PSO promos.

If you're only playing the top 10 hands you'll be missing out on some pots. But if they are going nuts with raises over there then do what it takes to win I guess.

 
At 9:55 AM, Blogger Rod said...

First off

Settings/Comments/ Show word verification for comments? YES

2nd - chipper is right - I have no comment as I'm a Limit player. HOWEVER - when I'm at a maniac table with many players in a hand you do gotta tighten up . . . IN LIMT!!

3rd. your playing Carib sun for a bonus? good god that is a rough one.

PokerPlex man!!! The Will Hill, Total Bet, UKBetting. they are all Crypto and $8 an hour.

 
At 1:28 PM, Blogger TripJax said...

Good to see ya typing...and PSOing. Hope it goes well when the mouse hits the pad and the cards are flying.

 
At 2:05 PM, Blogger jedihog said...

Chipper.

I usually don't play that tight, but since it's been so long on the tables, I didn't want to go broke!

I came out around $10/hour playing 2 tables. Not that good.... oh well, there'll be better days.

Thanks for the comments.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home