Monday, July 18, 2005

Golf and Poker

Played golf Friday afternoon, boy was it hot. Shot an awful 52 on the front nine that included a 10 on hole #1 (duffed my first 2 shots), and a 9 on hole number 8 (after losing my ball in a tree 3 yards from the fairway - that pisses me off to no end).

But....my back nine was awesome.

Hole #10 - awful tee shot into the trees next to the driving range. 2nd shot from 215+ landed about 20 yards from the gree, pin high. 3rd shot was a duff chip shot (ball was on a downhill lie, couldn't get my club underneath the ball). 4th shot was a good chip to 3 feet from cup. 5th shot - in the hole. +1 on back nine

Hole #11 - Par 5: Huge tee-shot down the middle of the fairway. 2nd shot, huge shot to the edge of the green. 3rd shot, chipped to 2 feet from hole. 4th shot, birdie. Even Par thru 2.

Hole 12 - Par 3 - 170 uphill into the wind. Mojo trees/OB on left. Missed my 4 iron to 30 yards from green. 2nd shot, chipped to 6 feet from hole. 3rd shot, missed putt. 4th shot -- screwed around and missed my 12 inch putt....was trying not to stand in someone's line, and didn't get set. PIss. Double Bogey. +2 thru 3.

Hole 13 - Par 4. Gret drive to 155 yards from green. approach to the fringe pin high. putt to 6 inches, Par. +2 thru 4

Hole 14 - Par 3. Awesome iron shot to 30 feet from hole. Thought the ball was going to be closer. Hit a great putt that would've gone in had I hit it....alas, par. +2 thru 5

Hole 15 - Par 4. Monster Drive, 260 yards. 80 yard approach to 12 feet. Lipped out my birdie putt, par. +2 thru 6.

Hole 16 - Par 4: 425 yards. Tough hole with a 40 gulch between fairway and green. Actual green is 6 yards deep by 15 yards wide.....very hard to hit in regulation. I hit a great drive, and a decent approach, but the ball rolled to the base of the green. Hit my chip to 4 feet... thought I had a straight downhill putt, but it broke 2 inches to the left...didn't see that. Settled for bogey here. +3 thru 7.

Hole 17. Par 4: 380 yards. Great tee shot (notice a trend here?), ok approach. I should've hit more culb on the approach. Putt was online, but short. Par. +3 thru 8.

Hole 18. Par 5: 490 yards. Water in play for all three shots. Tee shot over water. Layup over water. Approach with water to the right of the green. Managed a 10 foot par putt that edged the hole. Would've shot a 39 had the putt dropped. + 4.

Ended up with a 92, which is normal for me....but I played incredible golf on the back nine to get to 92.

As for poker....well, I didn't have tons of time this weekend to play. Hit a few S&G's, but didn't finish in the money in any of them.

Played a MTT today, and finished 180th when my AQ went up against AK. He hit his K on the flop and turn to bust me out. I can't fault my play, just didn't get enough breaks on the flop.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home