Monday, July 25, 2005

Low Limits

So I made the switch to $.50/$1 Limit from .25PL this weekend....just to see how/what the action was like.

I was up $20 in about an hour due to getting some nice hands.....but I couldn't help but realize that you're just not going to make much cash while playing limit games.

For one, you can't bluff your opponents as easily as you can in PL or NL.

Secondly, check-raising is a lot tougher. I was in EP with Top Pair and Good Kicker. Turn is a rag. It's heads up between me and the Button. I check on the turn, hoping to raise when he bets out (he raised me on the flop)....but he checks and the river brings an A. I bet, he raises, and I make the crying call knowing I'm beat b/c he hit his A.

I didn't feel bad from that play because I realized he was going to call whatever bet I make on the turn, regardless.

So I went back to .25PL this morning and promptly lost my buyin to a flush on the river. My Set didn't hold.

Oh well...

2 Comments:

At 9:55 AM, Blogger Juice said...

Are you very experience at PL? how long you been playing poker?

 
At 11:53 AM, Blogger jedihog said...

Been playing poker for 10 years or so, but have only been playing online for a year or so.

As to my experienc in playing PL poker...I just feel more comfortable playing it. I'm definately more profitable in PL than I am in limit. I think I chase too much in limit b/c of the smaller amount that you can lose. Playing PL keeps me honest and disallows me from chasing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home