Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Sit & Go at Pokerroom

Just finished playing a S&G at Pokerroom. There was a playing at our table named "jackass62". He fit the name. Kept telling the whole table to call me when I bet because I was bluffing. Everytime I won a hand, he said I got lucky and that I didn't deserve to win the hand.

I was playing loose and was bluffing low cards every 5-7 hands or so. It actually worked really well, because folks were calling my bets later in the tourney when I had good cards. Went all-in a couple of times, and got one suckout on the river to stay alive (my A10o vs 99 -- caught the A on the river). I ended up knocking out the jackass in 5th place.

I finished 2nd after trading lots of bets/folds in a headsup match. the final hand I was the button with AJo. Flop comes 10c-Jh-8c. I bet the pot, he calls. Turn is 5s. I check, hoping to draw a bet from him. He obliges and bets a small amount, and I chk/raise him 3x his bet. He calls. River is a 5c. Board now shows: 10c-Jh-8c-5s-5c. I bet 1,000 and he reraises me all in. I look at the board and think that he's betting on the pair of 10's. I call, and he flips up 73c for the flush.

Tough way to lose b/c he never should have called my chk/raise on the turn, but he took the gamble and won. It was a good headsup match. I'm learning in headsup that you've got to make a LOT of blind bets on the flop and turn trying to convince your opponent that you've got a good draw or a good pair. There's a lot of folding going on in headsup play.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home