Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Finally, a good game

I signed up for the Poker Source Online promo with Poker Rewards this past weekend, and have been having a ball at their PL and NL tables. I don't think I've had a losing session yet, and I've racked up over 500 raked hands in 3 days. Normally the play has been fairly slow, with a few $30 pots here and there.

Last night I ran into some good poker players. I'm not sure what they were doing at the lower buyin NL tables, but I was very impressed and could tell they were not "trying to figure things out". Lots of re-raising on rag flops to see who had the balls to continue seeing cards. At one point my buyin of $40 was down to $23 after a couple of bad flops (my pocket AA vs AQ, flop hits QQxxx), but built it back up to $60 after losening up and playing "their" game of lots of bluffs.

It was a lot of fun. The best player of the group had $75 (from $40 max buyin) when I arrived at the table, and when I left, he had $193. Fish kept arriving in droves, and he'd just easily and simply take their money. I tried to avoid any confortations with him, as I didn't want to felt my chips to him...but you can't avoid it always with 4 at a table. I out bet him a few times, and it felt good to go up against a good player. I cashed out +$7 after 30 minutes of play, which considering the circumstances, I was thrilled.

I then moved over to two PL games to keep the raked hands going. Hit some big hands there. One was pocket 9's and I reraised the raiser. He called and the flop came 392. He bet, I raised, he went allin ($20) and I called. He flipped over JJ, and I got a $60 pot. That was fun.

Hit another set with QQ and slow played them into getting the guy with AQ to go alliln. Called his $15 and won the $40 pot.

Just got notification that my bonus through pokerrewards cleared, so I'm +$160 in this promotion, not to omention the $90 in PSO points that I'll get when I play 40 more raked hands.

Gotta love winning!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home