Thursday, July 28, 2005

Spades

For some reason, I get excited when I see a spade/spade dealt to me. I don't know why this is, but I think I overplay spades too often. Rarely do I win with them (flushes, that is), and too often I get beat by them.

Tonight, 4 players left at a S&G -- I'm 3rd in chips. My hole cards come around QJs. Sweet, I fire a raise of 3BB into the pot. Short stack calls. Flop comes AQ4 rainobw. I put the short stack allin. He flips up A6. I hit my J on turn and he hits his 6 on the river. Instead of making the money, I'm now crippled and am down to 2BB in chips. Stupid spades.

2 hands later. A9d. Allin. 4 callers. Flop AsJsAc. Sweet 3 of a kind, i'm back in the tourney. Turn 6s. River rag. Someone has KQs for the nut flush. I'm out.

Piss, I hate losing.

1 Comments:

At 7:09 AM, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Found your blog through GaryC25's Low limit grinder blog and would be happy to swap links with you.
I'm at Littleacornpoker.blogspot.com

Good luck with your blog and at the tables.
Little Acornman

 

Post a Comment

<< Home