Saturday, August 06, 2005

BoDog

Played my necessary hands at BoDog this weekend to complete my 4th PSO promo in as many weeks.

Their software is my favorite so far. Much better than any of the Prima networks (PokerRewards, Pacific Poker, Aztech, etc). Anyway, the play wasn't as slick as I was expecting. I didn't feel all that comfortable at the $.50NL tables, but I couldn't find any PL tables open so I had to settle down at NL. First few hands I'm just getting the feeling of the new site and players (this after playing at PokerRewards and their ultra soft PL games). 4th or 5th hand I get dealt QQ and I'm in MP. I raise up to $2, and get a couple of callers. Flop comes JA4 Rainbow. I bet out (I live and die by the pre-flop raise followed by a strong post-flop bet) and get one caller. Turn is a 5. I again bet out, this time quite a bit more to find out if anyone's got an A paired, or two pair. I believe I threw out $10. The guy calls. At this point, I'm putting him on a flush draw or straight draw, but maybe he was playing Aces with a low kicker. River comes an 8. No flush. I again bet, player calls and flips up a 76 offsuit for the river river straight. Unbelievable.

I told myself that this could be a long PSO promotion should the bets continue this way.

Alas, I continued through it and kept on playing. I opened up another .50NL table to help hurry my promotion points along. This table had two loud mouths jabbering on and on about how bad of a player each one is. I sit down with the max buyin of $50, and at one point turn off the chat because these two guys are just unbearable. I start hitting hands at this table, and my $50 buyin raises to $75, and up to $95 and up to $125. At this point I've turned the chat back on to listen in. Both of these guys are still going at it (one had 22 in the hole and called a raise of $2 preflop. he hit his set and took the pot from the other guy).

So I'm at $120, up $70 at this table, but only up $25 or so b/c of my awful bad beat (76off straight) at the other table. I get QQ in the BB and raise it 3xBB. Get a couple of callers. Flop is Qd8dAc. Sweet, trips, I love flopping trips (don't we all). Well, I decide to slow play this to see if anyone's got 2 pair or a pair with a high kicker. One guy bets out $5 or so, likely attempting to steal the pot, so everyone calls, and I raise to $15. Everyone folds but one, he goes allin for an additional $20. I immediately call, and he flips over Ad4d. Turn is a rag, and river is an 8. I get my boat and drag a $68 pot. Boy, that felt good.

So, I've got $175 in chips at this table and this one guy (JRyan8478) starts going off on how bad of a player I am, and how I never bet unless I have a good hand. He tells everyone at the table to stay out of a pot if I'm betting because I never bluff.

It just so happened that the next 10-20 hands, I decided to bluff as much as I could without throwing money away. I must have won 90% of those pots, and each and every time I won the pot, I clicked "show cards". Everyone else at the table was laughing because I was rubbing it in this guys face.

Beautiful.

I cashed out of that game up $177, which is by far my biggest single session win yet.

I had QQ 4 times at that table, hit trips 2 times, and a boat twice. I love getting paid off on the nuts.

3 Comments:

At 9:14 PM, Blogger GaryC said...

Congrats JediHog. Nice session. BoDog is a great site to play and an even easier site to clear that PSO bonus.

Nice job.

GaryC

 
At 10:16 AM, Blogger GaryC said...

Jedi,
Are you interested in the Heads Up Challenge for $25 a person? If so, we really need one more player to make it an even 8. If yu are go to HighOnPoker and let him know.
Thanks,

G

 
At 12:30 PM, Blogger jedihog said...

Gary, thanks for the invite. I'm going to be travelling quite a bit over the next 3 weeks and won't have time to complete this challenge. Maybe I'll get in on the future challenges.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home