Thursday, August 11, 2005

Poker Tracking Software

So.... Do any of you folks use tracking software such as Poker Tracker?

I've been reading some posts at the Poker Source Online forums from those who use this software....and it totally pisses me off. Having an unfair advantage such as stats when making a decision during play online seems to me to be cheating. If this software has "watched" my betting patters for hours on end, then the person using that information can make bets against me that statistically "make sense".

Is this the nature of online play now? Should I change my expectation to allow for this type of play to enter in to my games? We're all using very fast and smart computers, so I guess it's safe to assume that folks are going to use that it their advantage every way possible.

What are your thoughts, is this type of software cheating?

----EDIT----

Just found a blatant cheating site: http://winholdem.net/

That is total crap.

2 Comments:

At 4:27 PM, Blogger Dave said...

Just found your blog from a link you posted on ChipTalk.net. Glad to see another poker + chip enthusiast doing a blog.

If you are interested in trading blog links let me know. Follow my profile to my blog: Chipper's Poker World.

Keep up the good work!

Chipper

 
At 3:31 AM, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Pokertracker is excellent.I use it more to look at my own play in more detail aswell as look at others.If you can't beat 'em join 'em and if you join 'em you can then beat them for even more money!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home