Monday, August 22, 2005

Wedding Weekend...

So I just got back from marrying off my younger sister this past weekend...... and I'm flat out tired.

A few hits about the weekend...

- wearing a black tux in 100+ heat flat out sucks.
- chasing my 3 year old around the church in said tux, doesn't make your body temperature go down.
- Sleepling less than 4 hours for 4 straight nights because of allergies doesn't make for a fun trip.
- Speeding ticket when you're not guilty (see explanation below)
- Groom getting duck taped to the hood of a car (naked) and being driven through a carwash during the bachelor party.
- Groom being wrapped in plastic saran wrap with food coloring on the inside from the neck down. That stuff is not coming off for weeks (yes, he's going to the beech for his honeymoon).
- Gas prices at $2.50+/gal.....over 980 miles of driving in my Montero (15-18 miles to the gal).
- 2 kids under 3 in a car for over 16 hours of driving time.
- Cell phone batteries not lasting very long.
- Golfing with fellow groomsmen, and the groom loses a farkel match (rock/paper/scissors) and proceeds to jump in the pond to retreive a golf club.
------
Speeding ticket...

We're coming back from the wedding yesterday, and my family has been sleeping for most of the morning. We're 4 hours into a 6 hour trip, and my family wakes up and starts to get a little restless. I'm cruising along the interstate at a set speed of 76 (70mph speed limit here).

I cross over a bridge, see a cop to my left and keep cruising. I'm well within the speed limit enforcement...or so I thought. Cop spins around and flips his liights on.

I pull over to the shoulder, and he comes bounding out of his car. "license and registration please".

"Sir, was I speeding?" I asked
"Yes"
"How fast"
"I don't know, I'll have to check the gun"
"I had my cruise control set"
"This is a 60mph zone"
"WHAT?!?"
"Yeah, about a half a mile back, the speed changes from 70 to 60, you were speeding."

So, he brings a ticket back to my car for $150. Tells mee that that court will dismiss the ticket if I show up in court. I live 2 hours away from the town where I have to show up in court.

I say thanks and pull away. Not 200 yards down the interstate is a speed limit sign: 70mph.

I was pissed. What a freaking joke.

------
I did get a few games of poker in with my extended family (non-poker players), and a family friend who turned out to be a "hotshot" player who was throwing around poker terms left and right. We're playing $10/NL with 8 at the table, blinds are .25/.50 and hotshot raises to $1. A couple of callers. Flop comes 648 rags, and hotshot leads out for $1. My uncle lays out a couple stacks of chips, then puts another stack out there for $3 total. Hotshot yells "You can't do that, that's called string betting". Everyone at the table peers over to this guy with a look of "are you kidding"? Hotshot folds to the reraise. My uncle takes the pot down.

Needless to say, this was a friendly game of poker, and hotshot was trying to make it into this ultra-competitive game. He left shortly thereafter.

Back to work.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home